Thursday, May 15, 2008

Teacher's Day

And just when I want to quit (again), this week happens.


Last week was a hormonal mess, what with the almost strep and drama at school and starting another set of new meds (WHY AM I ALLERGIC TO EVERYTHING IN KOREA!?!?!).


And I really hated school and my students and teaching and all that good stuff.


But this week, starting yesterday, I was just watching my kids during our lesson and I couldn't help *BEAMING* because they were just so precious and sweet and just all-around good kids.


Anyway, this morning started off with a beeeeeeauuuuuuuuutiful bouquet of roses from the class of one of the teachers who always takes such good care of me. And then a little basket of carnations from 현규, who I love so much and started tutoring after lunch yesterday.


Then I guess the students had to write letters in their first few periods to teachers they like, because random students kept dropping in giving me letters. And two girls just stopped by to give me heart balloons. So it's been a good day. Presents-wise. Haha.


Favorite line from letter (misspellings included): 선생닐 왈레 한국 사람이져? 눈 보면 다 알아요.

Translation: Teacher, you're originally a Korean person, right? Your eyes give it away/I can tell by your eyes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I don't know what to do/say.

No comments: