Monday, October 24, 2011

Justice Beaver and the Beaverization of America.


At first I had no idea what Justin Bieber was and why comedians and the Internet kept making fun of him.  Then I downloaded some of his music (legally, of course - I'm a pre-lawyer for goodness sake).

And although it's a bit flat and predictable - his songs are catchy and quite palatable/inoffensive.  I have a whole playlist called "Justice Beaver" (tips stylish lady hat to the writers of The Office).

But now, I have a pretty mild and age-appropriate crush on Justin Bieber and GET the jokes about him (and I like when there are jokes about people who don't get the jokes because that's (the old) ME!!!).

My two all-time favorites (the only two I got and laughed at):


And from Modern Family:
Jay: This stupid kid’s been in the business about ten minutes, he barely looks at my proposal, and he says he wants more “wow.”
Gloria: What does he mean by more “wow”?
Manny: It’s the Bieber-ization of America.
Jay: What do beavers have to do with anything?
Gloria: The beavers, they build the dams all over the country so there’s no floods. Is the beaver-ization of the Americas.
Manny: I’m finding there’s less and less we can talk about.

This kid's (Justin Bieber) name has kept a bunch of great TV show writers in business =)

No comments: