Friday, December 30, 2011

Wanna see this movie!

Amazon.com
Read the books in record time last summer after my godmother loaned them to me.

Watched a bit of the original Swedish movie on a bus ride to ... somewhere... knowing me, probably DC or Boston but not sure at this point.  Anyway, I was watching/listening to the movie on my laptop via Netflix while I was also doing work/writing a paper.  I had to keep covering up the movie because I knew when the uber-graphic/terrifying parts would happen.  Also, I didn't want the people sitting next to and behind me to think I was watching some crazy super-BDSM p*rn (if you've read the book you know exactly what parts I'm talking about).  I was actually surprised at how accurately they stuck to the book.

And after reading the New York Times review, I can't wait to see the movie!  I'm still a bit queasy about the awful s*x/r*pe scenes (again, it was pretty graphic in the book and I'm not looking forward to a film portrayal).  Not sure what I'll do - perhaps wait to watch the airplane version?  I remember I watched "The Other Boleyn Girl" on a plane first and then when I watched it on Netflix I was like OMG HOW CAN I NOT REMEMBER THE R*PE SCENE!?!?!?  It's because there's a carve-out in copyright law that allows editing of graphic/violent parts of movies that are distributed for airplane viewing.

*All the asterisks are so I can hopefully still access my blog through my super-conservative work filter.

1 comment:

sylvia said...

I saw it. it's good. I definitely recommend it