Thursday, January 19, 2012

Urges. I get them.

And sometimes I successfully ignore them! Successfully, but not happily :(

DYYYYYYYYING to pick up The Hunger Games to read Just. One. More. Chapter.

But I can't. Must wait for my commute.

Because I know it could never be JUST. ONE. CHAPTER. (It wasn't with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and it wasn't with The Help or A Thousand Splendid Suns or any number of books I pick up to help me doze off).

That plan NEVER works. Even when I guiltily finish the book I feel let down by the over-ness of it all, as though the end of the book is the loss of the story. And that gnawing, empty feeling haunts me and prevents me from getting some much-needed sleep at 4am.

Once, when I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch, I called in sick because I was up all night reading and couldn't face the idea of a 12-hour Memorial Day shift. So bad.

Ugh - so I must go to sleep instead of finding out if someone finds Katniss and Peeta in the cave together... DUN DUN DUN!!!!

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0439023483

No comments: