Tuesday, September 4, 2007

my loving mother

I was cleaning out my emails, and came across this sweet mother-daughter exchange

August 2: From me to my mommy

엄마-
i have the 땀띠 =(
it is so 가려워 and sad. but the 장마 is supposed to be over now (and just HOT HOT HOT) so maybe it'll get better soon.
i'm taking my 태권도 yellow belt test today! 화이팅!!!
love-jihae

Translation in CAPS:
MOMMY-
I have the HEAT RASH =(
it is so ITCHY and sad. but the RAINY SEASON is supposed to be over now (and just HOT HOT HOT) so maybe it'll get better soon.
i'm taking my TAEKWONDO yellow belt test today! FIGHTING!!!
love-jihae


August 3: From my loving mother to me (this is copy-pasted verbatim, i kid you not)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! good luck on your test. i will be leaving usa tonite. love you!
-mom


SHE LAUGHED AT ME!!!! she LAUGHED at my suffering!!! .... the subject line of the email i sent her was "=(" a SAD face, and her reply was "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" i am dumbfounded.

No comments: