Friday, November 11, 2011

Food on Friday 4: Strawberry Jam Thumbprint Sugar Cookies.

I joined a book club in October/my friends and I decided to start a book club together.  For the first meeting I sent out a request for snacks and one reader said "sugar cookies."  I decided to try out a few recipes before the book club meeting.

Here's the first one I tried: Ok, true confession.  I snapped at my sister earlier in the evening and then she went into her room and closed the door (we don't close doors in this house).  So then I gave her an hour to cool down and texted her: "Are you painting your feelings? Wanna bake something?"  So then we decided to make these Easy Sugar Cookies.  And because I'm fancy (and also because we bought a gallon of strawberry jam from Costco) we decided to make Strawberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies!

Some ingredients.

The flour, baking soda, baking powder + butter and sugar mixture + egg and vanilla.  It was a bit crumbly.

The Costco gallon of jam.

Made 2 tsp balls of dough.  Then made a "thumbprint" with a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon.

BEFORE: Filled with a 1/4 tsp of strawberry jam.  (Next time I will at least double the amount).

AFTER: They cooked super quickly - about 12ish minutes.

All pretty!  I halved the recipe and made 32 cookies.

As of tonight (24 hours later), we have 12 left.  We ate 20 cookies in just as many hours.

My mom today: "Don't make these cookies anymore.  They're ruining my diet."

2 comments:

hemptressong said...

Nice. Make your own jam next time. Yum.

Christine said...

haha. actually i JUST made these tonight at a friend's place and she made jam for the cookies! but it was more like a compote - and we should've let it sit longer - they were a bit liquidy.